Fay Arfa has the distinction of being Certified as a Specialist in two separate areas of law - Criminal Law as well as Appellate Law - by the California State Bar, Board of Specialization. The National Board of Trial Advocacy has also awarded her a board Certification in Criminal Trial Advocacy. She has been named as one of the Top 100 Lawyers by the National Trial Lawyers and by the American Society of Legal Advocates. Fay Arfa has also been selected as a California Super Lawyer.
Attorney Fay Arfa graduated from UCLA with academic honors, including Phi Beta Kappa. She then earned a Master's Degree in Public Administration from UCLA. After earning her master's degree, Attorney Arfa spent several years in pubic service. She worked for several years as a Deputy to Zev Yaroslavsky, then councilman of the Fifth District of Los Angeles.
While attending law school at night, Attorney Arfa accepted a law clerk position in a prestigious Century City law firm. After four years of working full time and going to law school at night, Attorney Arfa earned her law degree. She then worked for the United States government as an attorney for the Federal Aviation Administration and later prosecuted criminal cases as a Los Angeles Deputy City Attorney.
Attorney Arfa dedicates herself toward helping all people accused of crimes. She prides herself on giving personal attention and pulling out all the stops for people accused of crimes. She fights as hard as she can for all of her clients and makes sure that all of her clients get the most vigorous defense possible. Attorney Arfa's clients consider her the "Best Defender."
• Certified Specialist, Criminal Law, The State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization
• Certified Specialist, Appellate Law, The State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization
• Certified Criminal Trial Advocate, National Board of Trial Advocacy (American Bar Assocation Accredited Organization)
• California State Bar
• U.S. District Court, Central District of California
• U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
• U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
• Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
• U.S. Supreme Court
• GRADUATE: University of California at Los Angeles, Master of Public Administration ( M.P.A.)
• UNDERGRADUATE COLLEGE: University of California at Los Angeles (B.A., cum laude) Phi Beta Kappa.
• LAW SCHOOL: Southwestern University School of Law, J.D.
Century City Bar:
• President: 2012-2013
• Member, Board of Governors, 1998-Present
• Chair: Criminal Law section 1998-2011;
• Substance Abuse Section, 1997-1998; • Los Angeles County Bar Association - Member - Board of Trustees (2012 - 2013)
• Women's Lawyer Association of Los Angeles
• Criminal Courts Bar Associations
• National Association Criminal Defense Lawyers
• California Public Defenders Association
• California Appellate Defense Counsel
• California Attorneys for Criminal Justice
• Los Angeles County Bar: (Member, Small Firm and Solo Practice Executive Committee, 1996-1997)
• Fay Arfa, A Law Corporation
• Deputy, Los Angeles City Attorney
• General Attorney, Federal Aviation Administration
• Deputy, Los Angeles City Council, Fifth Council District
• Government Intern, United States Senate, Washington, D.C.
• Author: "Knock, Knock...Who's There? The Police. Do the Police Have a Right to Enter Your House?," Century City Lawyer, November 2000.
• Guest Lecturer, "Criminal Law Motion Practice," Loyola Law School, 2002.
• Guest Speaker, "Alcohol: Effects on Life Liberty and Livelihood," UCLA School of Law, 1997.
• Speaker, "Substance Abuse: Effects on Life Liberty and Livelihood," Century City Bar Association, 1997.
• Moderator: "Marijuana - The Good, Bad and Legal (?)," Century City Bar Association, 1997
• Moderator: "Sex Addiction, the Highs, the Lows, the Ups, the Downs, and the Ins and Outs," Century City Bar Association, 1999.
• National Public Radio, Sky News, Court TV/CNN.
People v. Clark (1989) 212 CA 3 1233; In re William S. (1989) 208 CA3 313; People v. Mitchell (1994) 30 CA4 783; People v. Monette (1994) 25 CA4 1572; People v. Ponce (1996) 44CA4 1380; People v. Ellison (1998) 68 CA4 203; U.S. v. Robertson, 158 F.3d. 1370 (1998, 9th Cir.); People v. Borrelli, (2000) 77 CA4 703; People v. Young, (2001) 92 CA4 229; In re Eduardo C., (2001) 90 CA4 937; U.S. v. Franklin, 321 F.3d 1231 (2003 9th Cir.).;U.S. v. Guo, 634 F.3d 119 (9th Cir. 2011); King v. Ryan, 564 F.3d 1133 (9th Cir. 2009); Collins v. Runnels, 603 F.3d 1127 (9th Cir. 2010); People v. Sizemore (2009) 175 Cal.App.4th 864
FAY ARFA, A Law Corporation
10100 Santa Monica Blvd, Ste 300
Los Angeles, CA 90067